The League of Lite Ladies and Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator

3 posters

Go down

Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator Empty Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator

Post  ViewtifulGene Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello, ladies and gents. I'm Viewtiful Gene, but you can call me Gene for short. View, Viewtiful, and VG also work. I'm 22 years old and SSF43D is the first fighting game I've played online. I started this League because I had trouble enjoying SSF43D the way I thought it was meant to be enjoyed. I always enjoyed watching people play fighting games, but I could never get into it because of the controls. I figured Lite Mode would be a good option for letting me see what was so special about an SF match, without trying to do all those confusing joystick motions. Sadly, the general community of Lite users seems cool with watching themselves do the same 2 attacks ad nauseum. So, I started this League to find other people that wanted to try playing with Lite controls, but fight with their full arsenals.

This League has been more successful than I ever could've expected. Playing all you fine ladies and gents has piqued my interest in fighting games in general. This game appeals to me because of the strategic depth. I like the learning process that comes with picking up a character, and figuring out ways to win without getting punished too much. What also appeals to me about fighting games is the community aspect- everybody enjoys a good fight, so everybody wins when we help each other improve our games. Now I'm gradually learning to do more and more in SSF4 without the shortcuts. Eventually I'd like to try playing some console fighting games with an arcade stick, but let's not get too far ahead.

Outside of gaming, I have a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and hoping to get a Masters Degree in Public Administration. When I'm not gaming or studying the nuts and bolts of government, I spend my time running, doing karate, kayaking, and reading comics.

I'll conclude with a few miscellaneous bullet points:

Favorite bands:
-AC/DC
-Kiss
-Queen
-Dream Theater
-Motley Crue

Favorite games:
-God Hand
-Mega Man 9
-Castlevania 3
-Dragon Quest 3
-Bayonetta

Favorite Comics:
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
-Hellboy
-Hoshin Engi
-Watchmen
-Dilbert
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator Empty Re: Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator

Post  Cecil_Del_Sol Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am

Greetings, Gene. This is a fine little abode you have here. I do hope this turns out well enough.
Cecil_Del_Sol
Cecil_Del_Sol

Back to top Go down

Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator Empty Re: Know your Friendly Neighborhood Dictator

Post  ViewtifulGene Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Looking pretty sharp with the GentleDan avatar, Cecil.

What's up with that? I thought you were my age, but you're making me look old. : P
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil_Del_Sol Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm

People normally think I'm in my twenties, particularly with how educated I can be on certain subjects. Don't worry about it.

And thanks for the avatar.
Cecil_Del_Sol
Cecil_Del_Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldFish-Boy Sat May 28, 2011 9:55 am

ALL HAIL Mr. GENE!
GoldFish-Boy
GoldFish-Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum