The League of Lite Ladies and Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Target Combo Glitch?

2 posters

Go down

Target Combo Glitch? Empty Target Combo Glitch?

Post  Erisian314 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:31 pm

In a battle I noticed that while coming down from a neutral jump with HP, Chun Li hit twice. (I hit the HP twice pretty much automatically now what with that target combo.) Didn't really think anything of it until afterwards and I remembered the target combo is during angled jump only.

Went into training and was messing about with differences in dummy placement and just how close Chun was, and got really random results. Maybe.. 25% of the time during neutral jump HP HP I was getting two hits, but not getting the target combo animation.

So I'm not sure where that hit is coming from, is it perfect timing to get the two hits? Perhaps coming down Chun would have been too close to the target and was "pushed" back a bit, tricking the game into trying to initiate a very late target combo? I couldn't tell, and there's so few frames of animation between the second hit and touching the ground that it's tough to see what's going on.

Maybe someone more precise can look into it, or if you pull out Chun, just hit that HP twice each time and maybe get lucky on your neutral jumps.
Erisian314
Erisian314

Back to top Go down

Target Combo Glitch? Empty Re: Target Combo Glitch?

Post  ViewtifulGene Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Chun's neutral jump HP is supposed to hit twice for a total of 140 damage. If your timing is off (it varies with a character's height), it only hits once, for 70.
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Erisian314 Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Spent a bit more time with it as well, and I still say it looks .. odd. Maybe just a tiny thing left unfinished to make certain SSF4 was in stores day 1. Or maybe it's just my old eyes.

I guess the thing that made it stick out in my head was it's not listed anywhere in the command list.

At that point though, it becomes a distinction in semantics I suppose. Is that a "move" and worthy of a list, or simply a "normal" with varying effects. I'd have put it on the command list, but then I'd have put EVERYTHING on. Like Sim's HK vs bHK, two different "moves" in my mind.
Erisian314
Erisian314

Back to top Go down

Post  ViewtifulGene Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Neutral jumping HP isn't listed in Chun's command list for the same reason her jab isn't- everybody has one of those. Every character has 2 sets of jump attacks- one for neutral jumps and one for angled jumps. And some normals naturally hit twice even though you're pressing one button. There's nothing unusual about a 2-hit normal and there's nothing shocking about a neutral jump attack that acts differently from an angled jump attack. It's no big deal if there's some overlap between those two.
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum