The League of Lite Ladies and Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkstalkers PSP

2 posters

Go down

Darkstalkers PSP Empty Darkstalkers PSP

Post  ViewtifulGene Sun May 29, 2011 2:47 pm

For those not familiar, Darkstalkers is another Capcom fighting game. It's a lot like Street Fighter, but with horror movie cliches instead of national stereotypes. 3 punches, 3 kicks, blocking, overheads, throws, techs, and super moves are all there, but DS throws in a few twists. For one, the combo system is a bit simpler. There are no 1-frame links; all the combos work like target combos. For another, in DS3 the fights have only one round, but both players have 2 life bars. Slack off too much at the beginning and it'll be too late for a comeback. (If you like the easy combos, but don't like that life system, DS1 and 2 use the regular best of 1, 3, or 5 method. ) In terms of gameplay, Darkstalkers feels like a midpoint between the VS Capcom series and Street Fighter. There's not as much mash and flash as there is in Marvel. But there aren't any FADCs, either.

If you like SF and you have a PSP, I'd recommend hunting down a copy of Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower. If you have a copy, I'd like to play a few rounds with you in it, just for kicks. There is no BP of PP in Darkstalkers, so it'd be a nice, no-pressure change of pace from our usual street fights.

Last edited by ViewtifulGene on Sun May 29, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra information)
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Darkstalkers PSP Empty Re: Darkstalkers PSP

Post  Cecil_Del_Sol Sun May 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Is it available on the PSN? I pretty much only play PSP games if they're available from the PSN (UMD whirry/scratchy noise really annoys me). I was saving up for God Eater Burst when the store comes back online, but might get this instead. Hopefully there's demos for both.

I'll at least be waiting until the eShop launches to make sure if there's anything from there that I want before I get either *crosses fingers for Arcade Edition DLC*

Last edited by Cecil_Del_Sol on Mon May 30, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a typo)
Cecil_Del_Sol
Cecil_Del_Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  ViewtifulGene Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Yes. This game is on PSN, and it's only $10.

I think my main in DS is Victor, a Frankenstein ripoff whose moves are a cross between Balrog and Zangief.
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecil_Del_Sol Mon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm

I might get it. My brother is theorizing that there might be a huge sale on the PSN store after it comes back online, so if there is, and God Eater Burst and Darkstalkers are among such games, I might get them.

Still gotta reserve some money for the eShop, though.
Cecil_Del_Sol
Cecil_Del_Sol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum