The League of Lite Ladies and Gentlemen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Helper Avaliable

2 posters

Go down

Training Helper Avaliable Empty Training Helper Avaliable

Post  Erisian314 Sun May 29, 2011 11:32 am

Just offering my services to the League as a helper for training. While the training room does provide some fine options they are quite limited when it comes to the actions that your "opponent" takes over time. The 10 second record and playback option can be useful but of course is completely predictable.

So given the fact that I couldn't possibly care less about how much PP or BP I have, I'll gladly go into some fights and mix up some various attacks from any character you'd like. You get the win as well as some less predictable training.
Erisian314
Erisian314

Back to top Go down

Training Helper Avaliable Empty Re: Training Helper Avaliable

Post  ViewtifulGene Sun May 29, 2011 12:41 pm

That actually sounds pretty useful. It's like a shuffled deck of flash cards. Sure, training is great for figuring out individual moves, but you can't randomize it at all.

I need to tighten up my combos so I don't eat a Shoryuken/chicken wing/Cannon Strike/360 right in the middle of my punish combos. It sort of defeats the purpose of a punish combo if it gets punished because my reactions are bad. Let me think of a few more complex routines for some characters I have trouble with, then I'll get back to you.
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ViewtifulGene Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Okay, I figured out a few drills I'd like to try sometime. I'll break them down by character. You can use Lite Mode for the specials; I'm not concerned about what happens if my opponent screws up his own inputs.

Cammy:
-What I need to do: make sure the Balrog Fortress is impregnable. ("You must be swift as the coursing river" )
-The threats: throws, Cannon Spike, punishment with Super/Ultra.
-What you would do:
Cycle randomly between these options:
A. Spiral Arrow + Cannon Spike. It's not a true combo, but the Cannon Spike will hit me if I'm too slow to punish it.
or
B. Spiral Arrow + Throw. Cammy knows I'm going to block the Spiral Arrow, so she throws me as soon as she can.
or
C. Spiral Arrow + Super. What the hell, chip damage is good. And if Cammy is lucky, her Super comes out just I try to atttack.

After somebody gets a knockdown, we both reset our distance, and then you come at me with another selection. When the round ends, we switch sides.

Akuma:
-What I need to do: stop dodging fireballs and start hitting. ("With all the force of a great typhoon")
-What I'm looking out for: jumping fireballs, EX jumping fireballs, purple fireballs, red fireballs.
-What you'll do: Try to KO me using only fireballs. If we get good at this, you could also try using Akuma's teleport to escape.

Every time I get in, I will try to knock you down with some sort of combo. It'll end in a sweep, throw, headbutt, or Super/Ultra. After each knockdown, I will back off, and go back to the opposite side of the screen. From there, I will try to get in again. Next round, we'll start the match by switching sides. That way I can approach from the left of the right.

Bison:
-What I need to do: defeat the head stomp. ("With all the strength of a raging fire" )
-What I'm looking out for: head stomp, devil's reverse.
-What you'll do: randomly alternate between head stomp and Devil's Reverse. Also mix it up by deciding whether or not to follow up either super-jump with the purple hand attack afterwards. If I block, throw me if you can. Your goal is to KO me using only these moves. (Or at least, win by time over. )
-What I'll do: try to stop the super jumps with a crouching fierce, jump back fierce, light headbutt, or step back and throw.

Every time somebody gets a hit (or two if you're following up the head stomp), we'll both reset to a neutral distance. Then you'll come at me again with another super jump. In the second round, we'll switch sides.

Last edited by ViewtifulGene on Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needless reference to the only good song from Mulan.)
ViewtifulGene
ViewtifulGene
Admin

https://lollg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum